Computer GK : Computer Questions and Answers
1. Who invented Compact Disc?
Ans : James T Russel
2. Which day is celebrated as world Computer Literacy Day?
Ans : December 2
3. Who invented Java?
Ans : James A Gosling
4. Longhorn was the code name of ?
Ans : Windows Vista
5. Who is known as the Human Computer of India?
Ans : Shakunthala Devi
6. What is mean by Liveware?
Ans : People who work with the computer
7. Which computer engineer got Nobel Prize for literature in 2003?
8. ‘Weaving The Web’ was written by…..
Ans : Tim Burners Lee
9. What is Beta Test?
Ans : Trial test of a computer or software before the commercial launch
10. ‘Do no evil’ is tag line of ……
Ans : Google
11. First Indian cinema released through internet is …..
Ans : Vivah
12. Rediff.com was founded by…..
Ans : Ajith Balakrishnan and Manish Agarwal
13. What is the extension of PDF?
Ans : Portable document format
14. Mows is a type of mouse for …….. people
Ans : Physically handicapped people
15. Expand RDBMS?
Ans : Relational Data Base Management System
16. Difference engine was developed by…..
Ans : Charles Babbage
17. Orkut.com is now owned by ……
Ans : Google
18. World’s first microprocessor is …..
Ans : Intel 4004
19. What is SQL?
Ans : Structured Query Language
20. What is the expansion of COBOL?
Ans : Common Business Oriented Language
21. What is the expansion of SMS?
Ans : Short Message Service
22. Which IT company’s nickname is ‘ The Big Blue ‘ ?
Ans : IBM
23. What is the full form of IEEE?
Ans : Institute of Electric and Electronic Engineers
24. Who developed COBOL?
Ans : Grace Murry Hopper
25. Email was developed by……
Ans : Raymond Samuel Tomlinson (Ray Tomlinson)
26. Green dam is ……
Ans : Web Filter
27. What is the expanded form of CMOS ?
Ans : Complementary Metal Oxide Semoconductor
28. Who is Netizen ?
Ans : Net Citizen (Citizen who uses internet)
29. What is Scareware?
Ans : Fake antivirus softwares
30. When was the first smart phone launched?
Ans : 1992 (IBM Simon)